Jerry,

There are several ancillary files that may show in the data folder where
the family file (.FDB) is saved. They do not contain any family tree
information. If you delete the ancillary files, Legacy will simply recreate
them. These files include but are not resistricted to:

.CB= Clipboard information & settings file (older versions of Legacy)
.CBH = Clipboard header file (older versions of Legacy)
.FSD = Legacy FamilySearch Database
.FG= Focus Group file
.IGI = IGI Search results file
.LDB = Record-Locking Info. (temp. file made when .FDB opens & deleted when
it closes properly)
.NC = Source clipboard
.PPL = Potential Problems List
.Rc3 = Calculated Relationships
.REL.CAL = Relationship Calculator file
.RGD = Research Guidance file
.TC = Clipboard files (To-do, source, etc.)
.TC0-9 = Clipboard files (older versions)
.TCH = Clipboard files (older versions)

The ancillary files cannot be opened by the user.  If you try, you will get
a message that you need go to the Internet for a program to open it or look
on your computer for a program to open it.  If you could see inside them
you would not find any genealogical information.

Jim
Legacy Family Tree
Technical Supoort