Brian and Cheryl,

"Nationality" and "ethnicity" are two different things -

Nationality (Merriam-Webster) is defined as

: a group of people who share the same history, traditions, and language,
and who usually live together in a particular country

: the fact or status of being a member or citizen of a particular nation
The same dictionary defines ethnicity as

1: ethnic <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ethnic> quality or
affiliation <aspects of *ethnicity*>
2*:*  a particular ethnic affiliation or group <students of diverse

*ethnicities*
Ethnic is further defined as

: of or relating to races or large groups of people who have the same
customs, religion, origin, etc.

: associated with or belonging to a particular race or group of people who
have a culture that is different from the main culture of a country

So the preamble is correct in stating "nationality" and not including
"ethnicity".

IMHO, ethnicity should be recorded as an event and if it's desired to see
the ethnic origins of the people in the database, either a Detailed Search
or an Event Report on that specific event.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree