By creating at Focus Group, you're not creating a new file. You're only
creating a list of individuals within the file you're searching.

​It might behoove you to read the Help topic on Focus Groups - click on the
Help button when you're in the Focus Group window for this information:

​

*Saving a Focus Group*

Legacy lets you save up to nine different *Focus Group* *Lists*.  To
save a *Focus
Group* after building it, click the *Save* button.   The *Save Focus Group*
window appears.  Select one of the numbered lines, enter the name for the
group in the box at the bottom of the screen and click the *Save* button.

Any saved *Focus Group* can be loaded back into the regular *Focus Group*
window by clicking the *Load* button. When the *Load Focus Group* window
opens,  select the desired *Focus Group* and click the *Load* button. The
group is loaded into the *Focus Group* window.

​This basically saves and loads your Focus Group selection but doesn't
create a new file to open in Legacy.

To view the individuals in the Focus Group, you need to go to Search >
Miscellaneous tab and select Focus Group. Then Create List.

To export to a new file, go to File > Export to... and select the gedcom
option if you're sharing this with someone who has a different genealogy
program or uploading to a website that asks for a gedcom or select Legacy
if you want to create a new Legacy file to share with someone or have your
group in a separate file.

​

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM, aparsons <aparsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need help making a focus group. I use Windows 7, Legacy 8 Deluxe version
> 8.0.0.439. This is what I did.
> View tab; clicked the Focus Group icon; see Focus Group; selected Add
> Individuals and Descendants; Descendant Options; selected Descendants; See
> Number of Generations to include; selected 5; clicked OK. It goes back to
> Focus Group window; I see Descendants (Direct Line 5 Generations for
Thomas
> Huddleston [565] and All Spouses; I click Save; I am in the Save Focus
Group
> window. I see "Select the location you would like to save this focus group
> to, then enter a name for this focus group" I entered Thomas Huddleston
and
> clicked Save. I am back to the Focus Group window. This time I clicked on
> Load, see Load Focus Group, I highlight Thomas Huddleston, click Load and
> am back to the Focus Group window. Clicked OK. I am back to the Family
View.