There is no right or wrong way to enter locations. To make use of all the
sorting options in Legacy, you do need to  use four places or replace missing
ones with extra commas.

Many Legacy users do not adhere to such strictures, using fewer or more than
four places in their locations. You can still sort from left to right or from
right to left, but cannot sort by county, for example.

Also, there are many locations in the US which do not have four places in their
legal locations, and have the same problem.

There are probably hundreds of posts about this in the archives, with
passionate opinions and nasty personal attacks on promoters of one option or
the other. But then, all lists have posters who do not like it when someone
disagrees with them.

Only you can decide if you need to sort locations in more than the L to R and R
to L options.

Legacy's great advantage over other programs is the ability to use it the way
you want to use it. That being said, some of the bells and whistles may not
work if you do not use it exactly as it has been structured, something that is
especially true with sorting functions.

Only you can decide if you need to sort locations in more than the L to R and R
to L options.

CE