Hi Kathy,

Your problem is that you are choosing the wrong sorting option.
Unless you strictly enter locations in the "town, county, state,
country" format which appears to suit most of the USA but doesn't suit
most of my locations, then you need to use the Right to Left sort. Then
so long as you enter your information consistently from smallest unit to
largest unit/country, then the bits will sort together.

I include streets etc in my locations and by sorting right to left every
location in a particular town comes together.
Then the relevant items can all be highlighted by clicking on the first
in the list and holding down shift when you click on the last. Then use
the Options button and Show List to get everyone associated with that
location.
I did it this morning to get a list of everyone in my file associated
with Wiltshire as there are new Wiltshire records available at FindMyPast.

Once you've chosen a Right to Left sort, then you can change the
direction of the locations in the list just by ticking or unticking the
Sort checkbox. You don't have to click the Sort button ever again.
However, while you are there, before you choose right to left you might
want to choose Generic terms instead of USA terms.

Cathy