What do you think the updates are? They are interim builds, provided for
free between major releases where the version number is changed.

You don't want all the test builds, where changes to the program have
not been tested outside of the programmers' computers. You want builds
where the features and fixes have been tested as best they can, and work
as expected - that is what you get when a new "general release" build is
released to the public.

Meanwhile, the testing team receives other builds in-between times and
uses them to test fixes, etc. Even they don't see every build number -
sometimes a build doesn't make it any further than the programmers
themselves, for a variety of reasons.

Have patience, and a new release will be made available to you (and
everyone else) as soon as it is ready.

Hope this helps. :-)

Wendy