Hi Nancy and others interested,

When entering media to a different place within Legacy or a new type of
information, always check your output method before entering a lot of data.

As Chap says, Location and Source pictures aren't much good/any good in
Reports - so if that's where you want them, then think again.

However, if you are headed towards web pages then source pictures are
fine. I'm not sure about Location pictures. I don't think they show up
in any output unless they do if you export a gedcom and use TNG for
creating webpages.

My major output is reports. I only add source images if I want quick and
easy access to a source or it's quicker and easier than transcribing the
source. I don't attach census images to sources or church register pages
but at the moment I'm dealing with the Biographical Index for South
Australians which is densely packed with cryptic entries in 3 columns.
It's much quicker to take a photo of the relevant entry and include that
than it is to transcribe. Here's the one for my great great grandfather
that I transcribed years ago so you can see the point:
CRAIG James b: 1804 SCT d: 25.11.1862 Morphett Vale SA arr: 1839 INDIA
occ: Farmer res: Adelaide, Noarlunga, Morphett Vale
m: Janet Hunter nee HOUSTON b: 6.10.1811 Glasgow SCT d: 10.9.1893
Adelaide SA
ch: Anne Baird CLARK (1831-), Robt, Janet Bell, Jessie ANDERSON
(1837-1923), Eliza Frances MUDGE, RASMUS (c1844-1929), Agnes ADAMS, Jas
Houston (1846-1915), Mgt HUMPHRIS (1849-1929), Mary LAWRIE (1853-1923),
Archibald
[a note of warning about this source. It's not sourced and is a real
mixture of good information and family memory which was often faulty.
James Craig had 12 children and the order is somewhat different.]

Location photos - I do add location images if I have a better map of
exactly where something was (I include addresses in my locations) or if
I have an historic map that shows the name of the place as many
locations have disappeared or changed name.
And I add location pics to Repository Addresses that show the exact
location and where the parking is.
However I don't think they show up in any output unless they do if you
export a gedcom and use TNG for creating webpages.

If I want a picture of a house or church or whatever that was important
in the family, then I add it only (or as well) to either an Individual
or Marriage event.

Anyway, the point of this email:
When entering media to a different place within Legacy or a new type of
information, always check your output method before entering a lot of data.

Cathy