On 01/03/2015 15:56, Ward Walker wrote:
> While not freaking out, I would discourage this method. I have inherited
> data via Gedcom that expands source details in the Notes. I find the reports
> and web pages that result appear very bloated and verbose, often with
> redundant information. Who wants to read all that when trying to scan and
> understand their shared family tree? Bury these details in the sources, for
> lookup by those truly interested in digging further. Keep the reports clean
> and concise. IMO.

I rarely do reports.  When I do, they tend to be descendent reports so
no notes included.  I don't do web pages other than using Wordpress
which are written on the fly and may include an image such as a small
chart or screenshot.  I don't send or receive geds.  When I work with
other family members, we tend to use screenshots.  There's no point in
sending geds when we have the same information already.  We share what
we don't have.

Anyone who picks up my data will have enough information to be able to
recreate my research - which they should do anyway because I may have
made mistakes.

I have tried to use Master Sources but found it cumbersome and time
consuming. It also didn't work terribly well.  My way's quicker and
easier - for me.

--
Charani (UK)
OPC for Walton,  Ashcott, Shapwick,