Mike,

TNG (http://lythgoes.net/genealogy/software.php) is a popular web
based genealogy program and web publishing application.

As a genealogy program, it allows multiple people to work on a single
copy of a genealogy as the database is on a web site. But more
importantly, it is, in my humble opinion, the best tool for
publishing your Legacy genealogy on a web site.

Unlike Legacy's web site feature, TNG uploads your Gedcom into its
database and then dynamically generates the various pages on demand
by visitors. With the Legacy app, you create static pages on your PC
and then upload them to your web site.

I started using dynamic web publishing for my research in the late
1990s when I figured out that trying to upload static pages would
just be unreasonable. I discovered TNG about 2004 and have been using
it ever since.

Here is a link to part of my Davidson research:

www.davidsongenealogy.com

I maintain my master file using Legacy and then from time to time
create a Gedcom from Legacy and upload it to TNG.

So, of course, it is very important to me that all of my data from my
genealogy get properly transferred to TNG. This thread began because
we have discovered that the Gedcom interface between the two programs
is not working as well as it could.

I suspect that 1000s of Legacy users are using TNG.

john.