Kay,  I think the date you are talking about is the one under the image, right?
 That's only printed if the image is printed in reports--part of the caption.
I don't think that field is even validated.  --Paula
      From: K Turner <turnerhist...@gmail.com>
 To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
 Sent: Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:20 AM
 Subject: [LegacyUG] Dates and Media

I am brand new to Legacy and I have searched the various helps on line but have
not been able to find these answers and I want to be as correct as possible
from the beginning of my entries.
When I am entering a media documentation such as a death certificate, it has a
date field.  What date do most people put here?  I put "todays date" as the
date I documented the info,    but then I began to wonder if it should be the
date of death, the date the death was recorded, or what?
Also, is there one place to post the media and refer to it as needed or is it
posted separately for each documentation... such as date of death, spouse name,
parent name, etc?  I don't want to overload my files with the same image in so
many different paces.
Thanks for your help.  I hope my questions are clear and I am sure this is
basic but I have not found clear answers so I thought it may be a personal
opinion rather than a procedure that is followed and would like to know how
others handle it.
Thanks,Kay