The answer all depends upon just how comfortable you feel with one, two, six,
or any other number of these backup ZIP files. It seems a common number to keep
is somewhere around the number 6. I would add that technically only one is
really needed but you never know where a Legacy file might have become corrupt
thus it’s possible that your only one backup could contain a corrupted family
file. And your next question should be just how often one should backup. The
answer should be every time you add data and then exit the program. If you are
working in Legacy for several hours, it might be a good idea to create a backup
every hour or so.

I know this question and answer seems rudimentary for many users but the Legacy
Help file fails to address this. Unless I’m missing something,  I wish the Help
file would make a very simple statement concerning keeping these ZIP files plus
mention the fact that these extra backups can be deleted by using Windows
Explorer. (Help 8-1257 : 31115)

Brian in CA