Surely, if the NAS drive were mapped to a PC drive as previously discussed it
should be (and I’m assuming the NAS drive is configured as drive z)

Z:\Family Tree AW\The Lloyds/Percy Mott\Percy Thurger Leonard Mott\Percy
Mott\Service Record\filename.jpg

I am confused by \\NASXXXXXXX\(Z) <file:///\\NASXXXXXXX\(Z)>  and the direction
of the slashes (typo?). When I try to connect using legacy to the NAS using the
\\NASXXXXXX <file:///\\NASXXXXXX>  method it fails with message unrecognised
media drive although it is visible through “my network”. But mapping works
perfectly even with the long path.

My NAS (QNAP) is addressed as in legacy

P:\FamilyHistory\HISTORY\MULTIMED\

Exactly the same as any other drive

With P mapped to \\192.168.1.73\XXXXXXXXX <file:///\\192.168.1.73\XXXXXXXXX>
with passwords etc. remembered as part of the mapping

Regards

Adrian