From: Scott Hall [mailto:seh0...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:56 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Tricking Legacy into accepting a second unknown spouse

All:

This may have been addressed by this group already, but I wanted to share a
workaround I use for adding a 2nd spouse whose name is unknown to Legacy, as
you can not directly save a person without adding something to the name fields.

I don't like using <Unknown> or any other indicator in the fields, I simply
prefer that Legacy create an MRIN but not an individual RIN, and show the
marriage as to Unknown (RIN 0).  If there is another way to achieve this, I'd
like to hear it.

The approach below works only if you know the marriage date to the unknown
spouse, and assumes no children from that marriage.

What I do is create the spouse adding temporary text as the name, and then add
the marriage details.  I then create a fake child.  Once these relationships
are set, I delete (not unlink) the unknown spouse, and then the unknown child
(the deletion must be done in that order).  The person in my file will now show
multiple marriages, one to Unknown [RIN 0] with the marriage information.

If there are children, to avoid them being connected to the other (known)
spouse, I do the same as above, except, of course, do not delete the child.

Perhaps this is helpful to others who don't want RINs in their file with <Name
Unknown> or other such indicators in their file.

Scott

  _____

No virus found in this message.