Brian's email
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Gedcom ver 8 to ver 7
From: Brian/Support
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 12:17:05 -0400
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com

I just imported a GEDCOM for my private file created in version 8 into Legacy 7.5.
It did not fail but there were many unrecognized items because of the differences in version 8.
What are the error(s) or error messages you are getting when the import fails?
Brian
Customer Support Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

That's right.
Shared Events can only be transferred via Gedcom to other programs that support Shared Events in the same way.

I gather from that, that you can import the gedcom, just that the shared events haven't imported? It would be helpful if you were more specific when you say you can't do something.

Cathy
Tuesday, 7 July 2015 12:09 PM

I received no reply from Brian with questions ..............

OK, so if a person has used Shared events in Legacy 8
they can no longer export a gedcom file to be shared
unless the other person is using a software that also uses shared events.

Jay
Tuesday, 7 July 2015 8:46 AM
So I have tried several ways, but apparently once you convert your database gedcom to Ver 8 ,
you cannot EXPORT a gedcom 5.5 .ged file that will import into Legacy Ver 7.5????

Since this is a project I am working on for a past client, I guess I will have to MANUALLY edit this HUGE gedcom to fix it.

What do I need to do to make this .ged file import properly in ver 7.5???

Thanks for any help
Jay

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).