  From: Cathy Pinner
  To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Problem correcting locations in Mapping the Family

  Charles,
  The easiest way is to go to the Master Location list as Brian says and then
highlight the problem location (if you access the Master List from the arrow at
the end of the location field in the Individual View, it will already be
highlighted)
  then click the Geo-code button above the People using this location list and
choose Do not auto geo-code the current location.
  This removes the Lat/Long co-ordinates and puts a - in the L column.

  Then you can use a nearby location already entered and properly mapped to get
near the place in order to manually map it by right clicking. Just make sure
you've shifted the highlight back to the right location before doing the right
click on the map.

  Note if you sort the Master List from right to left then all the New Zealand
locations should be together if you've entered your locations consistently
ending with the c ountry.

  Moving the map to the right place as Brian suggests is really awkward when
crossing the globe and it's really easy to do something and see the map fly all
the way back to the wrong location. Marking the location first to do not auto
code stops that fly back.

  Note that the Geo-code button has nothing to do with the separately
downloadable Geo Database. That's something I don't use at all as I have very
few USA locations and I don't find it helpful for non-USA locations.

  I research and map all locations I enter checking the Verified checkbox when
I'm happy the pin is on the exact spot. I include churches, street addresses
etc in the location as I don't like the output when they're entered as
Addresses.

  Cathy

  Brian/Support wrote:

    To edit the lats and longs for locations go to View>  master Lists>
    Location.
    If a place is incorrectly mapped you can move the map to the correct place
then right click with your mouse where you want the place to be
    marked. Legacy will get the lat and Long from Bing Maps for that spot
    and update the values for that location.

    You can also manually edit the lat and Long values on the Master
    Location list screen but you must use degrees minutes and seconds for
    the coordinates.

    Brian
    Customer Support
    Millennia Corporation