Hi,
I have a situation where family in the 1901 census of Ireland can be
shown to be using the surname given at birth in this case Grimason and
then in the 1911 Census of Ireland turn up using the Grimshaw surname.
What I would like to know is there some way of linking the Also Known As
(AKA) to the event in this case the Irish Census of 1911, this link then
would demonstrate the time period when the change of surname happened
This is not a one off for the Grimason family as such as others have
done the same thing from as early as 1865.
The above 1911 case is the latest I have found this change to happen so far.
Tracing the families forward becomes problematic once they move to the
likes of England as the Grimshaw surname is rather common where as the
Grimason surname is very uncommon.

Regards,
David J Grimshaw (or is it Grimason?)
Genealogical Researcher of the "Grimason" surname and variations of the
"Grimason" surname World Wide.
A One Name study registered with the Guild of One Name Studies (GOONS): 6138
formerly 2962
The "Sherlock Holmes" of this family according to some.