On 26 Oct 2015 at 11:48, Douglas Tighe wrote:

> You do not say where on earth you live, here in Australia it is not legal
> except I believe in the Northern Territory. So could, when people make
> statements that it is now legal  or something is OK would they please state
> where they are talking about.

Gay marriage has never been illegal anywhere, as far as I am aware. Gay
people have often married in the past, sometimes for dynastic reasons, though
they might sometimes find themselves in the position of the young man in the
limerick:

There was a young queer of Khartoum
who took a lesbian up to his room
the argued all night
over who had the right
to do what, and with what, and to whom.

what is new is same-sex marriage, which is, however of little genealogical
significance (though it may become so if reproductive technology advances to
the point where such things as male pregnancy become commonplace).

It is, of course, significant for family history, and it is quite easy to add
an "event" in Legacy to accommodate that.

--
Keep well,
Steve Hayes

---