My experience of Windows 10 was that it was generally better  until.....

I did an update from 8.1 to Win 10  on my notebook in the first week it became
available  Silly me.
Apart from  it automatically  updating taking up to 15 minutes a throw without
prior warming  more than once a day initially  , then down to  once or twice a
week all went fairly well. The updating never occurred till the computer  had
been idle for 15 minutes or more, but invariably it happened just before I
wanted to use it causing delays. The HP driver for the SD card  didn't work in
windows 10 but no bugs were found in other programs during the short period I
used it. I would leave the notebook  on overnight hoping the automatic updates
would occur while I was asleep and they generally did.

After about 30 days the previous windows 8 system went and I was  on Windows 10
without a backwards path. I had wondered how to make Win 10 recovery boot
disks at that stage  but didn’t progress it as I should have.

After about 6 weeks when the notebook was left on overnight  the charging plug
was somehow dislodged one night. By Murphy's law a new update started and
presumably the battery went flat while the upgrade proceeded with the result
that win10 files were corrupted.  The notebook would not boot at all in Win 10
and obviously it would not do a system restore from the Win 8 cds I had.

 Data off the hard drive had to be retrieved on to another computer after the
drive was removed , then the drive reformatted before I  could reinstall the
original Windows 8 then upgrade to 8.1 then set up all programs etc again. The
local computer shop reported several similar cases that they had worked on over
that week where drives had to be reformatted and earlier operating systems
installed.

Windows 10 was faster, more logical and user friendly than Windows 8.1 in my
opinion. Legacy functioned perfectly on it   but I will leave it another year
until Win 10 is more stable before I venture near it again. For those that have
upgraded, just ensure you have a backup that the PC can boot from if not full
system restore ability to Win 10
  Cheers