I have discovered a significant mistake in the 17th - 18th century
genealogy of one of my ancestral lines. The good news is that I have been
able to locate reliable documentary evidence that corrects the problem.
Rather than try to monkey around with my existing Legacy database (and risk
getting into a hopeless mess), I was planning to (a) make a copy of my
existing file and keep it (as some of the data might be useful later but
not yet a proven relationship to me). (b) on one of the two files, I will
completely delete all names known to be erroneous and then reenter all the
correct data. Not as awful as it might sound. Any thoughts?

William Hudson