I am one of the many who were using FTM and have to find another
solution.

The main factors in deciding for me will probably be related to the
reports and book publishing options.  I've downloaded the free Legacy
but since some of it is disabled I haven't been able to determine if the
book publishing and reports do what I need.

1. Is there anything comparable to FTM's smart stories in Legacy?

2. In the text report can I insert pictures? If not is there a report
where I can basically type a few paragraphs of information with at least
some basic formatting options (font, font size, center or left
alignment) and also add a few photos that I can size/resize as I want.

3. Can I make a report, save it, and then add it to a book? (FTM does
not do this)  I would like to be able to take the saved report make a
few changes to it and save it as another report, thus creating two
reports.

4. Can I export the entire book to pdf?

5. Can I export the book to an editable format (such as RTF)?

I have two books that I created in FTM.  I spent a lot of time on these
creating many pages that have historical information and photos - such
as specific battles in the Civil War or American Revolution, historic
buildings or events and brief history of them along with them.  I am
very unhappy to have to start over at all with these but I want to make
sure I get a program that will do what I want.

The genealogy reports and charts are probably fine but I need to be able
to make pages with one or two photos that I insert and some text that I
type.  I don't really want to make them in another program and insert
them later as this is fiddly and more steps.  I need to be able to
export the entire thing as a pdf, indexed with page numbers.

I didn't find a forum for Legacy FT.  I hope this is the right place to
ask these questions.

TY!

Linda

---