Thanks, Steve.  A couple of questions.  I have my own naming convention
for my sources on my hard drive.  Why would I need to supplement that
with a file id?  Does it have anything to do with maintaining a master
source list?  I don't do that.  I know EE recommends it.  I figure if I
have my data supported by sources, and I have them properly cited, then
I have done the work.

I generated the file id report.  First it listed Source Citations.
 Since I was entering the Find A Grave Memorial # in the file id field,
my report is a bit of a mess.  It doesn't reflect what the report is
supposed to look like.  I ask again - purely innocently and because I
don't know the answer - what is the purpose of this report?  Is it to
generate a kind of source list?  I am trying to imagine when that would
be useful -- to see exactly what people have been assigned a particular
source?  Any other reason?

Thank you for your patience and help.

Barton