I have somehow managed to create a double linkage between two married people
and I'd like to eliminate it.

I'll call the husband John Doe and the wife Jane Smith.  Each person appears
only once in my family file; there are NOT two John Does and two Jane Smiths.
But when I look at the Family Page for John and Jane, the little marriage icon
indicates John has two spouses, both named Jane Smith.  Similarly, the marriage
icon shows that Jane Smith has two  spouses, both named John Doe.  All of the
data for the two Johns is the same and all of the data for the two Janes is the
same.  Both "couples" have the same two children.  The only difference is one
couple shows the marriage information I entered while the other couple shows no
marriage data.

I believe this happened because of intermarriages in my Scandinavian ancestors.
 I found an ancestor who was related to both of John and Jane's children
although separated by 4 or 5 generations.  While entering everything into
Legacy, I came at John and Jane from two different directions, first from one
child and then from the other.  Somehow John and Jane became linked twice in
this whole process.

So how do I eliminate the duplicate linkage but keep the couple married and
having two children?

Thanks in advance.

Dick Felts