Carol,

Take a look at your Media Paths list.
Either at options - customise 6.2 or View - Master Lists - Media Folder List. There is a Legacy shortcut code available for the folder designated at 6.2 [Default Media Folder]\ If it is being used for all folder paths then all you have to do on another computer is set Option 6.2 to the new path to the top media folder. If it isn't being used you can use Search and Replace on Lists -Media Folders to replace the appropriate bit of the path with this. This is new in Legacy 8 so isn't automatically updated if you've come from earlier versions of Legacy. Whether it is used automatically also depends on how you've set up your media and option 6.2. It's worth doing the search and replace. It makes changing computers with media a breeze. If you are changing Option 6.2 on a library computer, no doubt you need to change it back before you leave.

However, if you're getting duplicate images at the library when you try to reconnect, that means you are taking duplicate images on your usb drive.

Cathy

Carol Boswell wrote:

Before the recent updates, when I used a new computer at a library, if
I connected just one picture or document to an individual by
going to the correct directory, all of the media would automatically
be connected. It was so simple, can you folks at Legacy restore
that feature?

Now when I go through the media connect process, it brings up
duplicate images asking if this is the correct image. That works well
for awhile, then I get an error message and the whole program crashes,
making me begin again (with the same result) or forego having
my images connected. This is extremely frustrating.

Any solution?

Carol