Good Morning Pat,
Do you mean the 'fdb' file?
This is the file that contains all of the info that is entered into Legacy. It is not part of the actual legacy operating software, but is essential to its workings.

My file is 27.8 mb and I have 13203 folks in my database - this does not include media as I do not attach media to my folks. I use a different method to make reports with images.

If you look at Geoff's sample Brown file, you will see that it is a little over 2 mb and has 160 individuals.

A file as big as yours seems odd given the # of folks.

The total mb of files for all of legacy 8 deluxe on my system is 165 mb.
Martha
In Los Osos, CA