Good Morning,
I have a lot of collateral and miscellaneous family in my database who are not related and are not researched to a great depth. Because I do not want to delete them, I use a system of identification for them.
First, I set the relationships with myself as the person 'related to'.
Then I add a column to the index [far left] that shows the relationships.
Then, I tag all of the 'non related' folk with Tag 3.
I prefer the type of relationship on the index so I do not have a 'Tag' Column. This way I know at a glance if a person is related when I am looking for information on the rest of the folks.
The tags show up on the both the Name List and the Marriage list.

Martha
In Los Osos, CA