From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Jenny M Benson
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:03 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Relation who can't be correctly linked.

I have a relation, William Thomas Bloor, known to my grandmother as "Uncle
Tom" who has always been something of a mystery.  I've never been able to
find anything about his birth or baptism.  On his Marriage Cert his father's
name is given as William Macallister Bloor, but I am sure he was
illegitimate and the surname Bloor should not be tacked on.
(Similarly, his wife was illegitimate and her father's name as her own
surname tacked on, incorrectly.)  Then I found a report of my 2nd Great
Grandfather's funeral in which he was described as a nephew.

If he was illegitimate and was a nephew of my GG Grandfather there were
4 daughters who might possibly have been his mother.  Of 3 of them I know
nothing other than their names and dates of baptism, the 4th was just old
enough (about 16) to have been Uncle Tom's mother 4 years or so before she
married.

How would other users link Uncle Tom to the rest of the family so that his
correct relationship shows up?  Would you link him to one of the 4 sisters
with a note that the relationship is totally unproven?  Link him to all 4
with the relationships all unproven?  Add a new unknown sibling as the
parent of Uncle Tom?
--
Jenny M Benson