Linda, I am doing something similar to what you are thinking of doing. I will
have only one birth event (same for death, mrg, baptism, etc) and I input all
the information I have (whether correct or alternate) under that one event.
Usually the facts that I consider correct will be at the top of the event with
lesser facts following. It may read as follows (I don't use the pre-defined
sentences):
Death | 1952 Dec 25| Age 78 | According to Susan's death registration she died
on Christmas Day at her home address of 123 Lane in Vernon, British Columbia,
Canada.

There was conflicting information found on on her obituary which stated her
date of death as December 26  (etc...)
I will source the one event with as many sources as I have. If you do a google
search for "evidence based genealogy ginger" it should bring you to a blog by
Ginger who lays it out much better than I can. She is using another genealogy
program, but the principles are the same.