I'm sure there is a standard practice for this, but I'm not sure of it.
I have a more recent relative who died in 1917 in Perth, Australia and her
surname was spelled McEwan. Scottish Births and Baptisms lists her (and
corroborating family members) with the spelling Mcune (as shown: not McCune or
other variants).
My preference is (within Legacy FT) to record her, and each of her siblings and
her father, with the "recent" surname (McEwan) and use the AKA Mcune (eg, Jane
Mcune). Is this sensible, or should I use the SBB records' spellings, and only
for the individual who died in Western Australia change that to McEwan?

Ian Thomas
Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia