I am trying to add an event to an individual.

I opened the individual's record and clicked on "add record" whicpened the
event window.

On the event line, I selected "electoral roll" from the drop-down and
tabbed to the next field "Description" where I tried to enter "Foreman".

As soon as I enter the letter "f" Legacy appears to lock and I am unable to
continue.

I closed Legacy and ran a repair which created an error report.

The error is "Individual RIN=103358, Role=. The event has been removed"

This was the individual to whom I was trying to add the event.

I rechecked the record and confirmed that there was no event created called
"Role"

Re-ran check and all OK.

Retried entering event only to get exactly the same error, error report and
advice to check file carefully.

I am somewhat at a loss on what steps to take next.

Could some kind person point me in right direction?

John
Upper Hutt, NZ