Barry,

Apart from reference to "Line" that looks fine to me. But I'm no source purist. I could both find this online from your information and know where the original was.

I've never seen a Parish Register with numbered lines.
On the other hand records are numbered post 1813 for baptisms and burials and marriages at least from 1837. So you probably mean Page 50, No 398 which would be about right for earlier registers anyway where there were 8 baptisms a page.

Cathy

Barry Godbeer <mailto:b_goodbee...@rogers.com>
Thursday, 27 April 2017 6:50 AM
To Cathy and all who participated in this thread,

After considering your examples of recording English church records using Source Writer/Church Records>Church Record Books>Created at local level (parish, congregation, meeting etc) I came up with the following.

SOURCE
Source List Name: Parish Register for Devon, England-Baptisms
Church name: Parochial Church Council, Devon Heritage Centre
Location City: Exeter
Location State: Devon
Location Country: England
Collection: Baptism Records
Format: Digital images
Website Creator: South West Heritage Trust / Findmypast
Website Title:

SOURCE DETAIL
Title: Baptisms in the Parish of Lower Brixham, Devon, England
Item of Interest: Baptism of Abel Godbeer at All Saints, Brixham, Devon. Father: Abel Godbeer (Shipwright). Mother: Susan Godbeer. Archive Ref: 1955A/PR/1/1. Page 50. Line 398
Date accessed: 25 Apr 2017

FOOTNOTE/ENDNOTE CITATION
Parochial Church Council, Devon Heritage Centre (Exeter, Devon, England), Baptism Records, "Baptisms in the Parish of Lower Brixham, Devon":Baptism of Abel Godbeer at All Saints, Brixham, Devon. Father: Abel Godbeer (Shipwright). Mother: Susan Godbeer. Archive Ref: 1955A/PR/1/1. Page 50. Line 398. digital images. South West Heritage Trust / Findmypast (swheritage.org.uk / findmypast.com: Accessed 25 Apr 2017) I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping a similar approach would work for marriage and banns held in church records.

Any comments invited.

Barry Godbeer
Canada