OLD STYLE & NEW STYLE DATES FOR THE QUAKER CALENDAR

You are probably familiar with the change from the Julian to the Gregorian
calendar in 1752/53. Because of the Quaker custom of not using standard
names for months there is some modern confusion when refering to pre-1752
Quaker records. The following table should be of assistance.

    OLD STYLE                              NEW STYLE
    (Before 1753 the         QUAKER        (After Jan 1, 1753)
    year began
    in March)

March (before 1753)        1st Month            January (after 1753)
April                      2nd Month            February
May                        3rd Month            March
June                       4th Month            April
July                       5th Month            May
August                     6th Month            June
September                  7th Month            July
October                    8th Month            August
November                   9th Month            September
December                  10th Month            October
January                   11th Month            November
February                  12th Month            December