The SourceWriter is based on Elizabeth Shown Mills sourcing models and she follows the Chicago Manual of Style with some tweaking for US National Archives citation style and by providing models for more sources used by genealogists.

So to follow other sourcing styles, using the Basic style would be simplest if you want to be strict down to the last comma.

Cathy

FamilyHistory Wilhelmson wrote:

I want to continue using MLA formatting for my sources in Legacy
Family Tree software. How do I indicate in Legacy 8 or 9 that I want
MLA format, or Basic format (not SourceWriter unless it can do MLA)?