This is one of the Legacy Options. See options > customize section 3.8. Bold and Underline on the children numbers can be used to indicate spouses and continued lines.

Use the other option which places an indicator at the end of the name instead of bold and underlines if you do not want the numbers underlined.

Brian Kelly