Hi JoAnne,

So sorry about your parents. So difficult regardless of your age and their
health.

In my opinion, I like the FTDNA Y-DNA test. There is a sale on now until the
end of August. The Y follows the male line. There is also a FamilyFinder test
that is sort of like the one on Ancestry, that will pickup cousins on both
sides.

On the Y, you can begin with a lower number, of markers and then increase (at
another sale!) to 67. I would do at least that many. Leonard

Leonard J. McCown, Irving, Texas -- McCown Family History

217 West 14th Street, Irving, Texas 75060-5903

972-254-7952

 <mailto:leon...@mccown.org> leon...@mccown.org --  <http://www.mccown.org>
http://www.mccown.org

People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to

their ancestors. -- Edmund Burke, 1790