I have had my website (created with the Legacy software and hosted by GoDaddy)
for many years.  I get responses, questions, and comments literally all the
time.  Collaboration takes place by e-mail.

I get good response on Google searches, meaning I run into my own research all
the time.       It’s hard for me to do a search on one of my ancestors without
running into myself.  But that means the website is visible and helpful to
other researchers, which is my goal.    I also run into my research that has
been copied and just pasted into trees on Ancestry, etc., all the time, which
is a frustration.  (I am talking about personal narratives, not just facts or
straight transcriptions.)  But that is another topic.

I have the great majority of my family research uploaded to it, so it deals not
only with main ancestral lines, but also the lines of in-laws, etc.   I like
the Legacy setup because it allows me to show the sources of my research, with
the documentation appearing as footnotes that are in a classic format and are
useful to the viewer.  It allows me to give credit to others for the
information they have provided to me, as well as providing the usual source
locations of information.

I only include those born before 1900.

Regards,

Donna