Gary,
Leon has given you a great work flow - but I wouldn't resize your pictures that small. Also make absolutely sure you are resizing copies. I go for 2 to 3 times larger. Even for thumbnails in Reports, if you go beyond including small pics and want someday to commercially print any reports/books, then you need more pixels. You also need more pixels if you ever take advantage of the Sliding picture show for family gatherings.

Cathy

Leon Chapman wrote:

Gary:

You have about 4 steps to get your iPad pictures into Legacy.

I will outline the process.
1. Transfer your iPad pictures to your PC
2. Edit / Resize your pictures (e.g., 400x400 pixels)
3. Copy / Move resized pictures to your Legacy picture file folder
(e.g., Windows 10 --- c:/Documents/Legacy Family Tree/Media/)
4. Attach 1 file to Individual and/or 1 file to an Event for
individual or a marriage event for a family picture. This events
picture is the only way to be able to print the picture in a report.
When the pictures r printed in a report, they normally are only 1.5"
high by 1" wide. For a scrapbook, I would print either 4 or 6 per page
and this is why you want to resize / crop the picture used in Legacy
to something like 400x400, 400x300, ..... you need to experiment with
the scrapbook report and see how many you want to print on a page and
size all of your pictures so that will work correctly.

Here are some other tips but will not go into depth of how to.
Step 1 above:
Several ways to transfer iPad pictures to PC --
- Use iTunes and connect iPad
- use a USB stick like sans to copy and transfer
- use an app like PhotoSync on iPad and PC on same Wi-Fi ( this is my
favorite way)
- use a cloud service like DropBox

Step 2 a I like FastStone Image Viewer. It is free and simple to use
for resizing pictures. About 10 minutes and you r good to go.

Anyway, that's a start. The devil is always in the details.

Chap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPad
Leon Chapman