I have a very large Legacy file of about 187,000 names, loaded up with lots of sources and notes, etc, etc. I use the latest Legacy v9 update on a Core2Duo processor running Windows 10 Home 32 bit Operating System, and 4 Gb memory, and a clock speed of 3.0 Ghz. My .fdb file is about 565Mb in size.

I can run Check/Repair very reliably on this (old) system, with the Op System upgraded (downgraded really) from Win 7, but it takes about six minutes to finish. I have seen it run on a computer that was in a business environment, and it zipped through the whole thing in 3 minutes.

I truly need a new computer, but I don't know what to buy, because when I run Check/Repair of my large db on any one of a number of computers that are new, with all the fastest and best features, it runs miserably slow, maybe finishing in 20 or 30 minutes, but most often hanging up completely, and never finishing (or I just didn't wait longer than that).

Can anyone help me?  Please, please.  :-)

Joseph Leavitt