Thank you Jay & Bob! That helps greatly. I can buy whatever I need, but just wanted some assurance from others about what works for them. I also spend a large percentage of my time using Legacy. I often take small parts out of my big file, work on it separately, and then merge it back in, using a set of steps I worked out to assure that the process goes smoothly. Check/Repair is in the list of steps three times. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Bob, I especially liked the details about what matters most. They are pretty much what I thought, but with the trouble I've been having, I couldn't make up my mind about what to buy. I'll probably be shopping tomorrow. Many thanks to you both!

Joseph Leavitt