I keep my media files wherever they are and copy the ones I want to use to
Legacy. Just an extra precaution.

I backup to One Drive separately from the backup tab. On the Backup to My
Computer check Media and Change to wherever you want, in my case
OneDrive\Legacy. That's simple so I suspect I missed something in your
question. In my case the local copy of OneDrive also gets backed up in my
backup program so that's an extra copy for insurance.