I would be interested.

Jean Ashcroft

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "John Cardinal" <jfcardi...@gmail.com>
To: "'Legacy User Group'" <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Volunteer?
Date: Fri, Oct 13, 2017 1:41 PM

I am hoping to find a volunteer or two to help test some Legacy-related
changes I am making to GedSite, a Windows program that makes web sites from
GEDCOM data.

GedSite has special features for several programs, including Legacy. One
such feature is the ability to interpret event sentence templates.

As of now, the release version of GedSite has only partial support for
Legacy sentences: it supports overridden sentences, i.e., sentences that
were customized for a particular event. Global sentence templates defined in
Legacy's Event Definition window are not supported because the model Legacy
uses (where an event definition has 8 sentence variations) is somewhat at
odds with how GedSite and other programs work.

In a development (pre-release) version of GedSite I have added support for
global sentences in Legacy. I'd like some help testing the feature. I'll
provide a free license for GedSite 1 to the selected volunteer(s).

Please do not volunteer unless you are actively using Legacy.

Many genealogists have discovered that GedSite is a useful tool even if you
do not intend to publish your data on the web. GedSite makes the web site
files on your own PC, and they can be browsed there without any further
publishing steps and without any special software.

Please contact me off-list to volunteer. Thanks.

John Cardinal

Author of GedSite - www.gedsite.com
Host of Family History Hosting - www.familyhistoryhosting.com