Legacy, as you know, uses Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData\ for your settings. This cannot be changed. So if you want it on another drive you have to move Documents properly. When they've been moved properly they still have the special folder icons for these folders and their content shows in File Explorer under the special entries for these folders.

Cathy

Leonard J. McCown <mailto:leon...@mccown.org>
Saturday, 17 February 2018 7:00 AM
Sorry Brian, Personally, I do feel it is a subject
for this group as it still involves Legacy and
using the program. I thought it was a user group.
Leonard McCown

___________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup
[mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com]
On Behalf Of Brian Kelly
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 4:22 PM
To: Legacy User Group
<legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>; Sheila Burks
<sburks...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Changing Drives

This is not really a subject for this group
because moving programs and
data to another Drive is a general windows
question not related to using
Legacy.

In order to answer your question you will need
specify which version of
Windows you are using. I can tell you that in
windows 10 you do it like
this:

Open Setting
Select System settings
Select Storage
Under more storage settings click "Change where
new content is saved"
There you can select which drive to use for new
Apps, New documents,
Music etc.
Click the topic and select the drive to be used.

I do not think that this will move any existing
files but will affect
where new data and programs are stored.

To move existing data you will have to use windows
to move the files.

If you are not using windows 10 then you will have
to use your windows
version to do this. Maybe searching Windows help
will give you an idea
of how to do what you want.

Brian Kelly

Hi, help please, Can I move my whole program and
Data file as well as Media
Files to another drive? My C drive is small and
I have a large external
hard drive?? I am haveing trouble relinking the
media. These files are
already on the external hard drive.

Brian Kelly <mailto:exma...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 17 February 2018 6:22 AM
[...]