From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of
Brian Kelly
Sent: Sunday, 16 September 2018 12:26 AM
To: Legacy User Group <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] csv FILE

What error messages or other indications do you get from Excel when you try
to open the Legacy created .csv file.

Brian Kelly

On 14-Sep-18 11:21 PM, Valerie Garton wrote:
> I must have confused you. I made a gedcom from ancestry and added it to
Legacy. From Legacy I created a csv file and tried to open it in Excel. It
is opening it in Excel that I am having a problem with. The csv file is
there but I cannot open it in Excel nor other downloaded csv files BUT I can
open Excel files that I have created in Excel.

> Cheers from Valerie Garton [nee Vaughan] in sunny Sydney. DNA -
> A086848, T756083, H947365, MyHeritage & gedmatch

a file a name like filename.csv does not change the content. if you
downloaded a file from Ancestry it is probably a GEDCOM file which is the
standard format for genealogical files.

> Rename the file to filename.ged
> Open Legacy and use file > Import > GEDCOM file when you have finished the
import from filename.ged Go to View > Name List Click Options > Print Now
you will be able to define up to three rows of data you can include for each
person.
> Select CSV file in the lower right
> The print box in the upper right will change to Create Click create In the
dialog box select the folder where you want to save the file and assign a
file name Click save Remember where you saved that file Open Excel then open
the file you exported from legacy.