It's all to do with how careful you want to be.

Cathy

Valerie Garton <mailto:vbgar...@gmail.com>
Sunday, 30 December 2018 6:42 AM

Still having problems. These are some of the comments I am getting:

*merging: left is different sex to right - these are two totally different people so why were they brought up to be merged ?

* missing birth/christening dates or dates are not exact - both had - Abt 1860 so why did they come up to be merged ?

* does one select all the settings in the " Normal Duplicate Search " page.

Cheers from Valerie Garton [nee Vaughan] in sunny Sydney. DNA - A086848, T756083, H947365, MyHeritage & gedmatch

*From:*LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> *On Behalf Of *Wendy Howard
*Sent:* Friday, 28 December 2018 10:07 AM
*To:* Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Merging files - " to be merged " getting bigger ??

Hi Valerie,

1.  The number of 'duplicates' has increased, because those merges you've done have enabled Legacy to see more people who might be duplicates, and have added them to the list for you to consider.

3.  The total number of people has decreased (2594 + 2540 = 5134) because you have made some merges already.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Wendy

1.  The number of 'duplicates' has increased, because those merges you've done have enabled Legacy to see more people who might be duplicates, and have added them to the list for you to consider.

3.  The total number of people has decreased (2594 + 2540 = 5134) because you have made some merges already.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Wendy

Valerie Garton <mailto:vbgar...@gmail.com>
Friday, 28 December 2018 6:54 AM

1. I have created a new file and imported 2594 people and then imported another 2540 from another file and started the merge process. I used all the settings as suggested. Now I have started the merge and as I say " merge right into left  " the number of merges still to be done have gone from 69 dulicates to 479. WHY ??

2. Also I can see that one of the problems is age at death so I want to not use this criteria anymore but I cannot get back into the beginning settings to delete this age at death problem

3. I now have 4945 people

Cheers from Valerie Garton [nee Vaughan] in sunny Sydney. DNA - A086848, T756083, H947365, MyHeritage & gedmatch