You must upload each picture to MyHeritage. Then you must link each picture to
the person(s) who use that picture.

The linkage is retained only if you do not delete the specific MyHeritage file
in which you made the linkage. If you upload a new gedcom and do not delete the
old MyHeritage file created by the one in which you made the linkage, the
pictures will still show as originally linked.

Any persons or pictures in your new gedcom that were not in your linked
MyHeritage file, will have no pictures linked to them, so you will need to
upload more pictures and link them to your new MyHeritage file.

It gets really complicated if you upload new gedcoms often, because, unless you
keep detailed notes on which of your MyHeritage files have which pictures, you
must keep them all!

If you delete a MyHeritage file, all pictures associated with it are no longer
linked, if they are retained at all!

If you do upload often, it is important to let any members know that they
should access only the newest MyHeritage file you have created if they want to
see any pictures!

Bummer!

Cheers,
CE