Since the temp folder is used to create files for temporary use during a session you should be safe deleting all the files in that folder. I would do it with Legacy shut down so it will not be using any temp files when you do the delete.

Typically there will be files created for such tasks as search list results, report selections and those .bmp files you found may have been created for use in reports or web pages if you ever tested or used the Legacy web page creation.

Brian Kelly