If this question is not considered a specific Legacy question I apologise and
am happy to receive message directly to my email.

I keep all my images and documents relating to my family history in a file on
my computer labelled 'Legacy'. When I then attach one of these images to a
person or event, I name it as I named it when I put it in my Legacy folder.

I have realised that I have kept no specific format when labelling these images
and am wondering how others label them.

Are they better named by category ie Marriage, Smith John 1837 etc or would it
be better by name ie Smith John, Marriage 1837

I envisage it being a personal choice but wondered whether there is a preferred
way.

Thank you.