I never use the plus button to the right of the location field in the vital events to add an address. I do sometimes add media and notes using it. I put the address in the place/location field like this "1, Some Street, Some Town, Some State, Some Country" or whatever other elements are necessary to fully describe the location.

Cathy

Jane Linkswiler <mailto:jcl...@cox.net>
Tuesday, 30 June 2020 1:35 PM
Hi, Cathy, it's Jane in Phoenix. I almost misunderstood what you said. To make sure I have you right,
1) No part of an event can be searched? Including sources? And
2) When you talk about putting the address in the Place/Location, you are referring to the address in the plus button to the right of the location field?

Thanks, Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of Cathy Pinner
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 9:33 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Cemetery record search

Scott,
This is one reason why I don't use Event Addresses. You can't search on them. I put the address in with the Place/Location. The tools for the Master Location list are far superior to the tools for the Master Event Addresses list. Also you can search for a Place contains x but not for an Event Address.
Cathy