On 15/09/2020 17:34, Chris Swann wrote:
Hi all,

I have a document which lists 2 of my relatives. I can work out that they were both Christened on the same day in 1596 BUT there is something else which mentions a birth date of 1593.

Some of the trees I have seen have included these two individuals as potential twins being born and christened together in 1596 but I think that one of them was born back in 1593 where I already have a John born in 1593.

Is there anyone who is good at deciphering olde English so that I can try and resolve this conundrum?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Swann

Thanks for all the replies. I have the "batch" approach in my tree as well and even one of my grandmothers who only got christened in order to get married at about 28 years of age!!

BUT, the family I am looking at are way back in the late 1500's to mid 1600's and all of the children are literally hatched and christened within a day or so.

Some are even hatched and dispatched without even time for a christening which is why the two that I am looking at are SO strange.

I am 99.9% certain that the male has already been recorded earlier in the tree and has been included again through copy and paste for loads of trees.

Hoping I can get to the bottom of things once and for all.

Chris S