Where Ancestor Colours show is controlled by Options > Customise 8.3

Cathy

irhock...@xtra.co.nz <mailto:irhock...@xtra.co.nz>
Tuesday, 29 September 2020 8:41 AM

Ancestor Colours only go back 4 generations – which is not far enough back, and with the latest update the option to “include married names” in the index only sticks for the current open session.

I have to remember to turn the option on every time I open Legacy and want to use the index!

Cheers,

Ian

*From:*LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> *On Behalf Of *Joyce Herzog
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:28 PM
*To:* Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Index and Ancestral Colours

On the index, Ancestor Colors are only on Direct Ancestors, unless I'm mistaken

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 7:22 PM June <mai_l...@aapt.net.au <mailto:mai_l...@aapt.net.au>> wrote:

--

Researching Drinkwater surname all over the world, any time, any place, but
especially Descendants  and Ancestors of Paul Drinkwater, born 1789 in

Joyce Herzog <mailto:joyce.her...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 29 September 2020 7:27 AM
On the index, Ancestor Colors are only on Direct Ancestors, unless I'm mistaken

--
Researching Drinkwater surname all over the world, any time, any place, but
especially Descendants  and Ancestors of Paul Drinkwater, born 1789 in
Sandhurst, Gloucestershire, England. GOONS #5057. DRINKWATER One-Name Study:https://drinkwater.one-name.net/
http://www.one-name.org/profiles/drinkwater.html
http://drinkwater.one-name.net/index.php

June <mailto:mai_l...@aapt.net.au>
Tuesday, 29 September 2020 7:21 AM
Thank you for the index thread. It has taught me something that is going to be very useful.

What it made me question was the ancestral colours. I have set them up on the Family screen and they are correct on my immediate ancestors (grandparents, great grandparents etc) but seeing the index and the colours there has made me realise that the colours actually only show on the immediate ancestor and not on children of those people.

For example my father has a colour and his father but not his brother. Is this is how it is supposed to be or am I missing something - just as I had previously missed using the index.

Thank you - June