Pete

FYI I have several instances like that with one known parent who later
marries someone else. I agree that leaving the missing parent blank is the
way to go. Just be careful when the first parent joins a later partnership
or marriage that the child is not included in that arrangement. I deleted
all my "unknown" entries since it confused some of my searches and the
merge duplicate function. As Mary suggested, you can always add the missing
parent if the information is discovered.

John Faulks
Gmail account